Areas of application
CM PU FC 40 can be used either for bonding various construction materials or as a sealing joint. It has excellent adhesion, without primer , on most construction materials: wood, anodized aluminium, polyester, glass, concrete, stone, concrete roof tiles, ceramic tiles, etc. It’s principle application is sealing expansion joints in concrete floor joints and saw cut joints . It is used in warehouses and external forecourts. This product is fuel resistant but not if immersed for long periods. For difficult materials, including plastics such as PVC, ABS, PMMA, or materials such as raw aluminium, lacquered metal, preliminary tests are mandatory to determine whether a surface preparation is necessary.
- The substrates must be clean, even, dry, free of dust, oil, grease and any contaminants that could harm bonding.
- Clean with solvent if necessary. Check the compatibility of the solvent used with the substrates
- When using solvents, extinguish all sources of ignition and carefully follow the safety and handling instructions given by the manufacturer or supplier.
- Apply a primer if necessary.
- If necessary, rub down metal surfaces beforehand. Clean them after rubbing down.
- Allow the substrate to dry after cleaning. We recommend to clean concrete with a metal brush
- CM PU FC 40 can be applied by a manual or Battery operated gun e.g Milwaukee M18 Caulking Gun. After application, use a putty knife to smooth the joint with soapy water.
- This product should be used within 24 hours of opening the cartridge or sausage protection ; otherwise, the sealant could cure inside.
- Do not apply at a temperature under 5 °C.
- Avoid any contact with non-cured MS, hybrid PU or silicone sealants as well as with alcohols or ammonia during curing.
Tools should be cleaned with CM Multi Wipes and or MEK / Acetone before the sealant has completely cured.
- 600 ml Foil Packs.
- Consult CM Sealants for other packaging options.
- 12 x 12 mm = 4.2 metres per Foil Pack.
- 15 x 12 mm = 3.3 metres per Foil pack
- 20 x 12 mm = 2.55 metres per Foil Pack
Storage and Shelf Life
12 months in the original and hermetically sealed cartridges at a temperature lower than 25°C. In cold weather, store the cartridges at about 20 °C before use.
Prior to make applications at low temperatures, store and keep packaging at a temperature at about 20°C.